Ingredients : Seves 4
- Moong Daal – 1 Cup
- Desi cow ghee – 1 Cup
- Milk – 3/4 Cup
- water – 3/4 Cup
- Sugar – 1/2 Cup
- Kesar – 4-5 shreads
- Cardamom power – As per taste
- Dryfruits (Pistacho, cashew, almonds, raisins ) – As per liking to garnish
Procedure : ( All the steps in microwave safe glass bowl shown as above preferably ) Mode: Micro, Temp: Max
- Roast dry moong daal for 2-3 mins in a microwave
- Soak the roasted daal for 3 to 4 hours with water. Strain the water & grind it coarsly without adding water.
- In microwave safe container add ghee, grounded daal and microwave for 5 to 8 mins untill golden in color . stir occassionally .
- Heat the milk in a pan add kesar & cardamom powder to it. Heat water with sugar. keep them aside.
- Add milk to the daal & ghee mixture. Microwave the same for another 3 mins (stirring occassionally ) Add Water & microwave for another 2 mins ( Cover with the lid here)
- Halawa should turn in to golden brown color. Garnish with desired dryfruits & Serve hot.
Tip: Addition of a cap of rose water will enhance the taste & aroma.