Ingredients : Serves – 1
- Multigrain bread – 3 slices
- Mint Chutney – 2 table spoons
- 0 fat veg mayonnaise – 2 table spoons
- Nutralite butter spread – as per liking
- Sliced tomato – 3-4 slices
- Sliced cucumber – 5-6 slices
- shredded iceberg lettuce – handful
- Cheese slice – 1
- Boiled egg – 1 ( sliced)
- Mixed Italian herbs – to taste
- Salt & pepper – to taste
- Place 1st slice of multigrain bread on the chopping board, Apply butter then mint chutney , place sliced tomatoes & cucumbers on the same. Sprinkle some salt , pepper & Italian herbs . Put some shredded lettuce .
- Spread mayonnaise on both the sides of the 2nd slice of bread . That’s going to be your middle slice. Place it over the lettuce layer .
- Place entire sliced egg on the middle slice . Again sprinkle some salt , pepper & Italian herbs . Put the cheese slice & cover with lettuce.
- Apply butter & mint chutney to the 3rd slice & place it over the lettuce layer.
- Cut in desired shape & serve.
- You can even grill the sandwich .The taste enhances .
- Egg can be replaced with tofu or paneer for vegetarians
- Brown bread also can be used
- Salads can be used as per the liking but good amount of raw salads must be there.
The recipe gives perfect blend of proteins , carbs & fibers